Apple’s iPad is holding over 80% of the market share of the US tablet market. Not only in the US but across the world, people have gone crazy to have the new iPad 2. Although being the best tablet ever, Apple’s followers are still looking for an even greater iPad 3 and eagerly exploring the Internet for “iPad 3 release date.” Nowadays, numerous rumors about iPad 3 are being spread in the market; of course it is about iPad 3 release date and features.
Update (4th November 2011) : Report suggests that Apple may release iPad 3 or upgraded version of iPad 2 in March 2012. Here is more on that.
Update (23rd Octoer 2011) : Latest report suggests that Apple may release iPad 3 i n first quarter of 2012.
Update (20th August 2011) : Is iPad 3 release date set for early 2012 with retina display? Here is detailed report from The Wall Street Journal.
Update (16th August 2011) : Has Apple cancelled iPad 3 supply orders for 2011?
Update (1st July 2011) : Apple is planning to gear up iPad 2 shipments for the third quarter of this year. Does this mean we are not going to see iPad 3 this year? Find out more.
Update (2nd June 2011) : According to DigiTimes, iPad 3 release date should be scheduled to somewhere in 2012. However, Apple has already started certifying process of components for the iPad 3. Here is you will detailed update on iPad 3 release date.
Various sources predict that the iPad 3 release date would be scheduled somewhere in September 2011. The Apple employee said, “They’ve had a number of problems along the way, and the third-generation iPad is the one to make a song and dance about.“
John Gruber, an Apple watcher, is supporting the statement by adding that the iPad 3 release date will be in September. He also stated in his blog, “Summer feels like a long time away. If my theory is right, they’re not only going to be months behind the iPad 2, but if they slip until late summer, they might bump up against the release of the iPad 3. And they didn’t only announce this with a distant ship date; they did it with no word on pricing.” On other hand Apple’s CEO, Steve Jobs says 2011 is the year of the iPad 2.
The Apple iPad 2 is getting such a huge response that Apple is unable to meet the demand. Let us assume that iPad 3 will release in September 2011 in US. However, the UK buyer will get a chance to see iPad 3 after a month or two.
iPad 3 Features Expectation
- Retina Display: People were expecting a retina display with the iPad 2; but the iPad disappointed them with the same display of the previous iPad. Now followers are waiting for an iPad 3 with a retina display. There is a rumor that the iPad 3 may offer a resolution of 2048×1536 pixels.
- SD Card Slot: People are expecting a revolution in Apple iPad 3 with an SD card slot. Hopefully Apple may introduce SD card slot with the third generation iPad.
- Improved HDMI: Yes iPad 2 also supports HDMI playback but you need to have Apple digital AV adapter, and that comes at an additional cost of $39. So it is much expected from iPad 3 to have an HDMI port that eliminates additional requirement of the HDMI cable.
- Camera Flash: A camera with flash is a much-waited feature of the iPad; people were expecting iPad 2 to have camera flash; now we would be wondering if iPad 3 will have camera with flash.
- Thunderbolt: The iPad 3 may have a Thunderbolt port. That will offer power, video and data connectivity using the same connector at lightning speed.
- Wireless Synchronize: People are expecting iPad 3 to offer wireless sync of content rather than the traditional wired connectivity.